Thursday, November 13, 2008

who is raising whom

Isn't it amazing to realize that as you are helping your children learn and grow, they in turn are helping you do the same? Through marriage and establishing a household part of me felt like I was getting away with something, and inside I still saw myself as young, on the cusp of adulthood. Even for a while after Willow was born, I still felt like I was playing grownup to some degree. I think Grandma Barbara knows this, because when we speak on the phone, she always asks "how is your dolly?" But somewhere along the way I realized I had become more bold, more assertive (still need to work on that, but I have improved) more patient, more thoughtful...when i have a moment to think again :) In short, they have helped me grow as a person, and I finally feel like a real adult. Thanks, you two. Now if you can only stop making me feel old!

P.S. Thank you Joe for finally explaining how to properly use Who and Whom. How sad that it took me till 32 to learn that.

No comments: